How will the changing landscape of journalism affect this year’s election coverage? How do you stay one step ahead November’s non-stop political news cycle? Mike Allen, chief political reporter for Politico, author of the daily “Playbook,” and “The Man the White House Wakes Up To” will be coming to campus to discuss political reporting in the age of new media in light of the upcoming election. Come discuss politics, journalism, and the daily e-mail that runs Washington D.C. This event is free and open to the public, and is sponsored by the University Press Club as part of the annual Louis Rukeyser ’54 Memorial Lecture Series.
- The Future of Investigative Journalism
- Future of Food Writing with New York Times Restaurant Critic
- New York Times columnist/Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists to give talk at Woody Woo tomorrow
- Former NYT Executive Editor Jill Abramson Speaks at Princeton
- Today in Politics: Yaroshefsky ’12 endorses Princeton Charter Club
Politics in the Age of New Media
Dates and times:
Rukeyser lecture: 10/2 at 5:30 in McCormick 101
Open houses: 10/2 and 10/4 at 4:30 in Frist 205
The Louis R. Rukeyser ’54 Memorial Lecture Series seeks to promote interest in the pursuit of journalism and to raise awareness of the role of the media in society.